CINN’s facilities include an Instron universal testing machine equipped with a high temperature furnace and also a microhardness tester. This equippment allows:
- Measurement of material hardness by Vickers, Rockwell or Brinell tests
- Determination of flexural strength in structural components
- Determination of mechanical properties by tensile and compression tests in different kind of materials: metallic, ceramic,polymers, concrete and mortar
- Determination of ability of a material with defects to resist applied forces without fracturing, by measuring the absorbed energy before breaking. The material’s toughness is evaluated by impact tests.
- Study of the mechanical performance of materials working at high temperatures